PLX Inc Transforming Optical Structure Technology through Innovative System Integration.
PLX provides high precision solutions that fit the demands of a new generation of optical requirements for the Defense, Aerospace and Commercial industries, including such clients as Lockheed Martin, JPL, Raytheon and Northrop Grumman Corporation. PLX is a registered ISO 9001 company with over 30 patents for innovative optical products. Our extensive in-house manufacturing and environmental testing facilities, performance testing capabilities and state-of-the-art optical analysis equipment provide total quality management and accountability. Founded in 1955 as Precision Lapping and Optical Company, PLX’s history of innovation and problem solving has made it the world’s leader in Hollow Retroreflector and Monolithic Optical Structure Technology (M.O.S.T.™).
Position Primary Responsibility:
- Build, manage and maintain customer relationships with highly responsive follow-up
- Work with our outstanding sales team from initial contact with customer to deal close, to shorten the sales cycles and improve closing rate
- Consistently address our customers’ needs through astute verbal, written and presentation skills
- Be the direct channel, translating customer challenges into technical solutions, positioning PLX to solve those challenges
- Function as a technical expert throughout sales engagements, and collaborate with engineering teams, to ensure maximum technical effectiveness and consistent customer experience and satisfaction throughout the sale cycle
- Prepare quotes & coordinate purchase orders with production
- Create high level reports regarding projected sales, conversion, or any KPIs
- Conduct weekly sales meetings with senior management
- Participate and speak at marketing events and conferences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4+ years of experience in sales or customer support positions
- Entry level to experience in technical sales and/or optics/military/defense industries
- Experience taking ownership of complex projects and producing successful outcomes
- Experience presenting at multiple levels, from C-Suite to End Users
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, with strong time management and organization skills
- Advanced computer skills especially Microsoft Office suite including advanced analysis in Excel (PivotTable, VLOOKUP, Index, Match, SumProd)
- Naturally team oriented and creative, with a mission-first attitude
Job Type: Full-time
Hours are M-F 8:00-5:00.
- performance bonuses
PLX is an equal opportunity employer that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity in the workplace
SALARY REQUIREMENTS MUST BE INCLUDED WITH RESUME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
Click here for PDF download