M.O.S.T.™ (Monolithic Optical Structure Technology)
- Combines all of the elements of a complex optical setup into a single monolithic unit.
- Superb optical stability, unsurpassed shock and vibration resistance.
- Sub-arc second accuracy between optical elements.
- Integrates different glass types and exotic materials such as KBr, ZnSe and CaFl2, into one assembly.
- Especially useful when the system has to perform in broadband light applications, such as FTIR.
- Permanently aligned so you will never need to adjust it and also lasts indefinitely.
- Use in interferometer configurations, laser cavities, beam dividers, beam delivery systems, Boresighting and more.
Developed by PLX, Monolithic Optical Structure Technology (M.O.S.T.™) is a unique optical innovation that represents a significant improvement over existing systems that utilize traditional mirror mounts.
Traditional mechanical mounts are inherently unstable and require constant adjustment – a true disadvantage in critical applications requiring the permanent and stable fixed positioning of optical elements.
Some sample applications:
Separates one input beam with multiple wavelengths into 3 different outputs for metrology applications.
Monolithic scanning device
Designed to oscillate at a rate higher than 1KHz, while maintaining its stability and accuracy, this lightweight structure is balanced to reduce the moment of inertia about the pin axes.
Based on our M.O.S.T. proprietary technology, it is especially useful when the system has to perform in broadband light applications, such as FTIR. This sandwich like structure assembly exhibits exceptional thermal and mechanical stability and lasts indefinitely.
Incorporating M.O.S.T.™ into your design provides you with a wealth of benefits. Engineers save significant time initially when integrating M.O.S.T.™ into a system, since it is a solid pre-aligned block. In addition, the long-term maintenance savings are enormous. Because we’ve permanently aligned this extremely stable assembly, you will never need to adjust it!
PLX has used M.O.S.T.™ to manufacture optical structures incorporating from 2 to 5 optical elements, with typical clear apertures of 0.5" to 5" diameter. Larger or smaller clear apertures are also possible. PLX manufactures the majority of its M.O.S.T.™ units utilizing flat elements, but can also incorporate non-flat surfaces if output results are well-defined. In fact, PLX can customize a M.O.S.T.™ structure to incorporate virtually any special feature or configuration you require and can improve practically any lab setup you need to convert to an instrument.
All products can be modified to operate under unique and severe environmental conditions.
For more information, please visit our contact us page